Cabinets To Go - Started kitchen 10/2015 still waiting on undamaged doors

I started a kitchen in October 2015 with the Victoria Ivory cabinets from Cabinets to Go (CTB).From the onset, there was an issue beginning with the installation of the first anchor cabinet, which was damaged.

This delayed my install more than 2 weeks. I am waiting on I think the 6th set of replacement doors (so many I'm losing count) and it is now October 2016. The last order for doors was made in June 2016 & I did not get them until Sept. Of the 24+ doors I still need, more than 1/2 were damaged, which was witnessed by the store manager who even said the doors were unacceptable.

I would caution anyone about buying these cabinets or any similar made like them. There is a production issue with the seams on the doors. The joints separate in the 4 corners where they are assembled. Furthermore, many of the doors had cracked, chipped paint, were dented and simply damaged.

The only thing CTG has done to this point is to keep shipping doors. When I picked up the 3rd set of doors at the warehouse near my home, the person there unwrapped each one before handing to it to me. Of the 23-24 sent, less than half were acceptable and even he said "no" before even handing them to me as he was inspecting them. At one point, I had returned damaged doors to the warehouse & the order of replacement doors included the same doors I returned with more damage.

(I marked the doors & had photos, which is how I knew CTG gave me back the same exact damaged doors.) I am very disappointed. This company promotes itself as a quality product for less, & while the cabinets are easy to assemble, unfortunately they are not what I based my purchasing decision on on.These issues were NOT evident in the showroom cabinets. If you buy cabinets from CTG, CHECK THEM OVER CAREFULLY. Be prepared to spend a lot of your own time rectifying the problem.

For example, before the last order of doors, I was asked to send pictures of all the damage. This took several hours of my time as I had to take more than 200 photos of the damages. I've also had to document and video every order received. The one saving grace thus far is that the customer service person I have been dealing with is very nice and patient.

Still waiting for CTG to do the right thing.

Simply continuing to ship doors is not acceptable, especially when they are still damaged.The photos I'm sharing are just a few examples of the issues I'm consistently having with these doors.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
    • Ease of installing
    • Michelle in customer service
    • No charge for kitchen layout design
  • What I disliked

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.