Hollywood, Florida

I started a kitchen in October 2015 with the Victoria Ivory cabinets from Cabinets to Go (CTB).From the onset, there was an issue beginning with the installation of the first anchor cabinet, which was damaged.

This delayed my install more than 2 weeks. I am waiting on I think the 6th set of replacement doors (so many I'm losing count) and it is now October 2016. The last order for doors was made in June 2016 & I did not get them until Sept. Of the 24+ doors I still need, more than 1/2 were damaged, which was witnessed by the store manager who even said the doors were unacceptable.

I would caution anyone about buying these cabinets or any similar made like them. There is a production issue with the seams on the doors. The joints separate in the 4 corners where they are assembled. Furthermore, many of the doors had cracked, chipped paint, were dented and simply damaged.

The only thing CTG has done to this point is to keep shipping doors. When I picked up the 3rd set of doors at the warehouse near my home, the person there unwrapped each one before handing to it to me. Of the 23-24 sent, less than half were acceptable and even he said "no" before even handing them to me as he was inspecting them. At one point, I had returned damaged doors to the warehouse & the order of replacement doors included the same doors I returned with more damage.

(I marked the doors & had photos, which is how I knew CTG gave me back the same exact damaged doors.) I am very disappointed. This company promotes itself as a quality product for less, & while the cabinets are easy to assemble, unfortunately they are not what I based my purchasing decision on on.These issues were NOT evident in the showroom cabinets. If you buy cabinets from CTG, CHECK THEM OVER CAREFULLY. Be prepared to spend a lot of your own time rectifying the problem.

For example, before the last order of doors, I was asked to send pictures of all the damage. This took several hours of my time as I had to take more than 200 photos of the damages. I've also had to document and video every order received. The one saving grace thus far is that the customer service person I have been dealing with is very nice and patient.

Still waiting for CTG to do the right thing.

Simply continuing to ship doors is not acceptable, especially when they are still damaged.The photos I'm sharing are just a few examples of the issues I'm consistently having with these doors.

Review about: B Jorgsen Victoria Ivory.

I liked: Ease of installing, Michelle in customer service, No charge for kitchen layout design.

I didn't like: Delivery time, Poor quality, Shoddy construction.

1.8
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cabinets To Go?

Comments

According to most manufacturer's specifications, a gap of up to 3/1000th's of an inch is an acceptable tolerance for a door joint.I do not see what it is about these doors that makes you deem them as unacceptable because none of the pics would make me think there is a gap any greater than that.

Wood cabinets are a "natural" product and come with inherent characteristics so if you expect perfection, please do everyone a favor and order a kitchen with those European "plastic" doors next time instead of killing trees trying to appease your unrealistic expectations.

That having been said; I do not represent Cabinets to Go or B.

Jorgsen & Co.I do however have 20 years of experience in the kitchen and bath manufacturing industry dealing with these kinds of quality issues.

MoniqueD23
to Anonymous #1291268

These doors have multiple issues that extend beyond the gapped joints (e.g., cracked paint, dents, chips, broken, split, wrong size, etc.).I have more than 200 photos that CTG required me to take to back up my claim plus multiple wotnesses, including a master carpenter.

While I appreciate your stated expertise, unless you have witnessed the issues you should not pass judgment. This is not about a desire for perfection, it is about getting what I paid for based on what was displayed in a showroom. And, while it states you are not part if the company, your words are very familiar.

I should also add that more than one CTG employee, including store managers, would not accept many of these doors in their homes, so why should I.Enjoy your day!